Terms and Conditions
Funeral Services Agreement
- I, (full name):
- Of (address):
- Telephone (private):
- Telephone (business):
- Relationship to Deceased:
- Authorise Lamb & Hayward to cremate/inter the remains of:
- (Referred to as “the Deceased”) late of (address):
Important: Please Read Carefully
- I authorise Lamb & Hayward Ltd to carry out the agreed Mortuary preparation required for the dignified and safe presentation of the Deceased.
- I authorise you to arrange for the ashes of the Deceased:
- My instructions regarding any personal effects of the Deceased are:
- I authorise you to meet on my behalf any and all quoted costs as shown below in respect of the funeral of the Deceased and agree to pay you all quoted costs by the due date.
- I declare that I am authorised to give this authority. In addition, I have read and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions as below.
Payment/Default and Consequences of Default
- This quote is based on the information you have provided. If you change your requirements, the price will also change.
- QUOTED FEE (includes GST) $…………………. Deposit Required: $…………………… by ……………………
- I acknowledge that the most convenient method to settle this account is:
- Pay at Arrangement
- Internet Banking
- Credit Card*
*A credit card transaction fee of 1.7% applies for all payments by credit cards in relation to this account
- I acknowledge that the total account for the funeral of the Deceased will become due and payable within four (4) weeks of the date of the funeral, or the service provided.
- I further acknowledge that I am liable to pay an Account Recovery Fee of $500 should the account not be paid by the due date.
- I agree that if the account remains unpaid after eight (8) weeks from the date of the funeral, interest may be charged until the date of payment at the rate of 12% per annum, being 1% per calendar month.
Terms and Conditions
- “Lamb & Hayward” means Lamb & Hayward Limited or any employees, agents or duly authorised representatives.
- “Agreement” means the supply of funeral services to the Customer in accordance with the Funeral Services Agreement.
- “Customer” means the Customer named in the Funeral Services Agreement, and if more than one, their liability shall be equal over the entire debt.
- “Deceased” means the deceased person named in the Funeral Services Agreement.
- “Funeral” means the ceremony and all other matters associated with the burial or cremation of the Deceased.
- “Services” means all services, advice and attendances provided by Lamb & Hayward to the Customer in respect of the Funeral for the Deceased.
- “Disbursements” means all expenses and sums payable to third parties in connection with the Funeral for the Deceased other than any sums due to Lamb & Hayward for providing the Services.
By signing the Funeral Services Agreement the customer agrees to the terms of this agreement.
Lamb & Hayward agrees to provide the services outlined in the quotation provided in the agreed timeframe.
The Customer has the right to make changes to the services provided. Lamb & Hayward must agree to any changes to the contract in writing. In the event that an item of service is not able to be provided, that cost will be removed from the quote.
Collection and Use of Information
The Customer authorises Lamb & Hayward to collect, retain, use and disclose any personal information about the Customer, for the purpose of assessing the Customer’s credit worthiness, providing the Services, and enforcing any rights under this agreement.
If the Customer’s assessed credit worthiness is unsatisfactory, then Lamb & Hayward may, in its sole discretion, withhold all further Services until further arrangements have been agreed with the Customer.
Customers must pay the quoted price by the due date stated on the invoice. Prices include GST. Interest may be charged on any amount still owing eight (8) weeks after the funeral date at the rate of 12% per annum or 1% per calendar month or part month.
An Account Recovery fee of $500 shall be payable by the Customer if payment is not made by the due date. This amount may be waived if Lamb & Hayward have agreed in writing to a payment plan acceptable to Lamb & Hayward.
Any legal costs (including solicitor’s fees and disbursements) or debt collection agency fees incurred by Lamb & Hayward in the enforcement of any rights, contained in this Agreement shall be paid by the Customer.
Payment of the invoice remains the responsibility of the Customer regardless of any funds expected from the granting of probate, from Government Departments or payment of any insurance claim.
You can view our Debt Recovery Policy
Lamb & Hayward agrees to provide the Services as stated in this Agreement.
In the event the Customer gives notice to cancel the Agreement before Lamb & Hayward has completed the Funeral for the Deceased, then Lamb & Hayward may invoice the Customer for all Services and/or Disbursements supplied to the Customer up to and including the date of cancellation.
Return of Ashes
Where the Customer elects to have the body of the Deceased cremated, guidance will be given on interment options. It is expected that ashes will be uplifted within several months. If ashes have not been claimed after three (3) years then any ashes of the Deceased’s body that remain unclaimed may be scattered at an appropriate site. A Registered letter will be sent to the last known address of the Customer prior to scattering. Lamb & Hayward accepts no liability for scattering ashes should there be no response to the Registered Letter.
If Lamb & Hayward does not insist on enforcing any right under this Agreement that will not mean Lamb & Hayward is prevented in the future from enforcing any of its other rights.
If any Agreement provision is held by a Court to be illegal or unenforceable, then the remainder of the Agreement provisions will not be affected.
The Customer will not pass on any of their rights or obligations under this Agreement to any other personal without Lamb & Hayward’s consent.
Nothing in this Agreement will affect the Customer’s rights under the Consumers Guarantees Act or the Fair Trading Act.
If you have a complaint, we would like to hear from you.
How to contact us
- By phone on 0800 99 22 00.
Between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or write to us:
The Funeral Manager
Lamb & Hayward
PO Box 39001, Christchurch 8545
What is our complaints process?
Once we have received your complaint, we will contact you within three working days.
We will always take the time to understand your complaint and resolve your complaint by doing our best to put it right.
We endorse and recognise all rights of the consumer under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
If you’re not satisfied
As a member of the Funeral Directors Association of NZ. We adhere to their code of conduct. You may contact them
Funeral Directors Association of NZ
PO Box 25148
(04) 473 7475